Sunday, January 4, 2009

Module 2 - ICQ Group Chat

Tonight I completed a group chat with a number of fellow Net11 students using ICQ. It was a great chat and I found it interesting catching up with a number of students at once in a real-time environment. We were able to further learn about one another and how we are traveling with our study while discussing a few concepts which have recently come up.

A Small Downside
The one thing with large chat groups is the madness trying to keep up with the different conversations, one student described it as being in a room full of people all trying to talk at once. If one is not a proficient touch typist, keeping up with various side conversations can be trying. If you are like me you loose track while taking your eyes away from the screen to tap out your reply.

All up this was a great task which I feel yielded great results for all involved. I believe this may well become a regular session each week as the the unit continues (Tess has set up a Net11 ICQ group to help facilitate this). If so this will offer us a further avenue to share thoughts and ideas as we progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon
    It was great to chat the other night :) Thanks for putting the list up that Tess made, i didn't know about that, but now i do! I to definitely had to keep my eyes on the chat to keep up with the craziness but it was fun

    ReplyDelete