Monday, December 8, 2008

Net11 Week One Reflections

So after a week of finishing off my previous OUA unit and some procrastination over the weekend, I have finally made a second post on my new Net11 Learning Log.

So far I am finding Net11 both stimulating and daunting at the same time. Tonight I spent a couple of hours catching up on all the posts on the units Webct page, and I must say there are so many interesting and varied people completing this unit with me. Truly I can not wait to learn more about my fellow students and myself as we all learn more about the internet and discuss it's implications on society and communication.

All ready there have been some amazing and insightful comments made, discussions begun and concepts thrown out there, so much so I have had some new ideas thrust at me which have simply blown me away. One such idea came from fellow student Rhys Moult who posted this link to the Connected Student. If you haven't watched this video yet then do yourself a favour, as this is just the most amazing learning concept I have come across.

Tutor Peter Fletcher also made a comment early on which I am also striving to take to heart. As I can't link to the post I am quoting Peter below:

"Blog everything. All your research notes. All your reflections. Links to interesting resources. The lot. I did that here during my honours year. I used tags as a way of finding stuff months later. It's mint and way better than rummaging through piles of paper. I too hadn't blogged before Net11. Now it's central to my information management. Love it. Someone call Bloggers Anonymous."

Some pretty amazing concepts here, or maybe they're not that amazing and I am just behind the times. What do think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment